Monday, September 16, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2515

AM WORKOUT PART I

SUPERSETS (press-pulldown)

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x151
5x176
12x196
10x196 (push press)
1 continental of 196

Grenade ball pulldowns 110
6x10

GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull apart.  Odd sets axle strict press, even sets barbell behind the neck press)

Axle strict press 161
1x10
2x7

Barbell behind the neck press 120
1x10
2x7

Dips
6xFailure

DB lateral raise 30
2x11
4x10

Band pull aparts
6x12

Axle curls
1x50

30 mintues of rest, and then...

AM WORKOUT PART II

Treadmill run

Incline: 1
Speed: 6.3
Distance: 6.55 miles
Time: 1hr 3 minutes

Notes: Ok, big training day here.  For the presses, went 3:45 between heavy presses and 2:00 between giant sets.  Hit this workout after waking up and walking my kid to school.  Working nights this week, so learning how to use my downtime.  Found myself running out of gas through the workout, so I'm gonna need to focus on getting in some decent calories quickly.  Left bicep is still really achy, despite taking a break from events yesterday, so I'm cutting the direct bicep work down for now.  Balance.  Was an otherwise productive session.

Took off 30 minutes and ran half a half marathon, so I suppose that's a quarter marathon.  Picked a speed that set a 9:30 mile pace.  Not fast by any means, but sustainable for now, especially with the incline set.  I definitely wanted to stop at mile 2, but pushing through that got me in a better place.  I'd have parts within later miles where I felt good, and then it would suck again.  Still, wanted to see if I had halfway in me before I gave this some serious thought.

I know there are probably better and smarter ways to balance this training, but I'm just gonna experiment and see what works for me and my schedule.

Developed a small hotspot on my foot.  Will need to watch for that.  Gotta get the calories in too.  Treadmill said I burned 1000 of them.  Not sure if that's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment