Thursday, September 5, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2507

PM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 311
2x10
1x5

Close grip axle bench press 261
1x10
2x8

Swiss bar incline bench 210
2x10
1x9

Dips
1x36
1x26
1x23

Standing ab wheel between benching (7x6 and 1x5)

Notes: 3:05 between benching, 2:00 between dips.  I was feeling pretty beat up coming into this.  I think I may need to add in one more warm-up set between 225 and my worksets, because 311 feels heavy on the first set and throws off my rhythm.  That second set of 10 took a few years off my life, which explains the drop on the third set.  I'm entering the phase in the bench cycle where I just try to hold on at this point, so it bodes well.  Going to up the weight on the swiss bar bench next time, as 29 reps is close enough.

I either need to improve my hydration or my nutrition, but my sweat is starting to smell foul, and that's a new one for me.  I'm eating out a lot more than usual, so that could be a part of it.

My left bicep is a bit tender these days.  I imagine all the stone work hasn't been good for it.  Gonna keep eyes on it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment