Sunday, September 8, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2509

EVENTS DAY

Axle continentals
5x136
3x206
1x256

Farmers (215lbs) and Sandbag (250+lb) medley
5 rounds

1 more 36' carry with the sandbag

Notes: 2:00 between rounds on the medley. For the farmers, 36', turn, 36'.  Sandbag was 36'.  And then, since it was odd rounds, I had to carry the sandbag one more time to get it back to the starting line.  Feeling better and better with my footspeed each week.  The first round is always basically a warm-up, and I'm plodding along, but after that I can feel myself moving, and the 3rd round was my best one, as I had the whole "controlled fall" thing going on, along with an explosive start.  Grip is holding out strong with the turns as well, which means a straight shot should be good.  Need to focus on keeping my head up past the finish-line to keep the shoulders from rolling forward.

Broke out my new Inzer belt with the soft belt underneath, and it worked REALLY well.  Very pleased with the combo.  Sandbag can get just a little slippery with it, so come gametime I MAY strip it off in between runs on the medley; we'll see.  However, where it REALLY shined was on was the continentals I did at the start.  About 5 weeks out form comp now and needed to see if I still could do it. The continentals were definitely ugly, but I hit 15lbs over comp weight.  If I can get it faster, I'll save energy.  The soft belt meant no pinching on the continental, which meant I could focus a lot more on the pull.  Always a plus.

I'm ramping up the training pretty hard these days.  Calories are gonna need to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment