Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2506

PM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (Squat-stone-hyper)

SSB Squat
10xBar
10x155
10x245
10x335
10x373
10x335

Stone of steel lap and extensions (loaded w/50lbs and spacers)
6x3

Reverse hypers 440
6x8

Notes: 3:45 between sets, 5:45 between penultimate and final set.  Hit up the Chinese buffet again for an unexpected halfday, and finally paid for it.  Beef broccoli seems to react poorly with me.  Was hurting during this workout, and had to finally lengthen the rest periods to avoid disaster at the end.  Compounding that is the increasing weight on the stone.  This has gone from a squat workout with a stone in it to a stone workout with a squat in it, but I'm at peace with that.  I threw a 2.5lb plate per side after some 7.5 kilo plates just to get a weird weight so I'd have no baseline to compare against.  Got a crazy intense lower back pump from this workout, so happy to have survived it.  Definitely one of those workouts that gets you stronger in a lot of ways.

Body comp is changing for sure.  When we first got here, the wife commented on how I was swimming in my work clothes.  Today, I noticed I couldn't really cross my arms in front of me because my lats kept running into my jacket.  Abs are blurrier, but pants still fit loosely, so I'll take it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment