Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2522

PM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (Squat-stone-hyper)

Buffalo bar squat
10xBar
10x140
10x230
10x320
10x380
10x320

Stone of steel lap and extension (loaded w/60lbs+spacers)
6x2

Reverse hyper 450
6x8

Notes: 3:45 between rounds.  Took a much needed and much protested day off yesterday and it paid off.  Spent that day letting my fever break and coughing a bunch of gunk out of my system.  Not 100% today, but significantly recovered, and wasn't hurting too bad between sets.  I used the soft belt under the Inzer belt for all sets of squats today.  I'm finding it works better for the high rep stuff, where the weight isn't quite so heavy.  Success with the stone compared to last week.  Still had trouble extending on the second rep of the later sets, but lapping was no issue. 

Right now, everything is working well, but after the competition and the half marathon I'm thinking of ending this day with a big squat dropset like I used to end deadlift days.  I think I can manage recovery on it if I play it smart, and it should show some growth in the squat.

No comments:

Post a Comment