Thursday, September 26, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2523

AM - PM WORKOUT

TREADMILL RUN

Incline: 1
Speed: 6.3 (9:30 mile)
Distance: 9 miles
Time: 1hr 24 mins

Notes: Literally the furthest distance I've ever run at one time.  I haven't been logging it, but all runs have been without stopping and without water breaks, and this was no exception.  In truth, I'm fairly confident that, if I stopped, I wouldn't be able to start again.  Just relying on momentum to carry me through.  Hot spots continue on both feet, but I'm hoping they'll just eventually callus over.  Right quad/patella was starting to ache a little.  Really working on improving my stride to help with pressure/pounding.  I may start scaling my 6.55 mile run down in distance while focusing on upping the speed as I continue to increase the distance on my long runs in order to keep total mileage about equal, because I can see how this could start getting dicey.

Food is the biggest variable right now.  With my current schedule with work, I'm pretty much just sleeping long enough to be recovered from work, waking up, eating, working out, then going back to sleep until it's time to get my kid from school.  After these long runs, it's hard to find the energy and time to eat vs getting more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment