Wednesday, December 23, 2020

 Training Log: Entry 2381


AM FASTED WORKOUT (0445 wake up via dog) 


EMOM-Odd minute 4 reps of front squat with 185, even minute 4 reps of SSB squats with 255


20 rounds


2 minute rest


SSB Squats 185

1x32


Notes: Wanted to get this done quick before the family got up, so upped the reps per round. Worked out just perfect: last 4 rounds were ball busters.  Went with SSB for the salt the earth set since front squats seem to aggravate that right knee some.  Gonna see how this responds.

2 comments:

  1. I remember 30+ squat reps doing wonders for me when I was eating a lot and then when I started losing weight it suddenly seemed to stop being effective and I needed to change things to stop my squat from getting weaker. Something I want to test again. Good stuff, hope your knee likes the SSB better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. If you are interested in 50 rep squats, check out Dan John's "Mass Made Simple" book. Had some interesting ideas in it that are worth stealing.

      Delete