Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2376

TUESDAY

Did a bench workout but it looks like it got ate.  I'll remember my numbers.

WEDNESDAY

AM WORKOUT (0305)

EMOM-Odd minute front squat triple at 190, even minute SSB squat triple at 260

32 rounds total

50 chins

50 band pull aparts

25 band pushdowns

Front squat followed immediately by SSB squat
32x135
8x135

GHR
1x30


Notes: 5lbs more and 2 more rounds than previous workout: can't be upset with progress like that.  I continue to appreciate this workout for what it is.  My right knee ached coming down the stairs this morning: still dealing with the tweak from last week.  Focused on turning that knee out during front squats.  Trying to sink them rock bottom results in that knee wanting to twist to the inside.  The "salt the earth" front squat set at the end keeps being awesome.  I really dig racking the bar in the yoke, stumbling to my rack and then hammering out the SSBs.  Just completely torches me, and makes the workout go straight from simple conditioning and restoration to building.  Got in some daily work in the middle.  Still "owe" the ab wheel, but may just skip it today. I'm working 12s for the next 3 days, starting today, so training may get pushed to the weekend.

Guts have been a bit twitchy.  It seems I've developed an intolerance to peppers.  They were a big part of getting "color" in my diet, so I'll be getting more creative it seems.  I unfortunately seem to best handle a bland diet, and I figure that's not ideal from a nutritional standpoint, but it's always been a balancing act.

Oh yeah, and caffeine is going to be SUPER ridiculous these next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment