Sunday, April 4, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2385

AM WORKOUT (0520 Wake up via dog) FASTED


30 GHRs

10 neck bridges each way


MEAT EATER II from Tactical Barbell


10 rounds of

20 1 hand KB swings (alternate each swing)

10 burpees

1 min rest


Time: 19:49


20 chins

15 dips


Notes: Right hip was bugging me from the race, so instead of my traditional 100 burpees I got them in with Meat Eater. Had something of a tonic effect. I was taking this at a leisurely pace, but still got my heart rate up pretty decent. Got Easter Brunch buffet inbound, and I feel like that may be the fuel I need to start BtM on Monday.

---


PM WORKOUT (1400)


Prowler

2 lengths w/180 loaded (2 minutes rest between)

2 half lengths w/90 loaded (1 minute rest between)


Notes: Weather was good and school was closed so I used the local school parking lot for some pushes.  No idea on distance, but this is what it looks like





And it felt like hell.  Needed some breaks on the way down.  Way back was better, but still took some breaks.  Good to find some limits.


This workout followed my first legit cheat meal in quite a while.  Went out for Easter Brunch.  Going from memory I had


3 slices of prime rib

1 slice of ham

5 strips of real bacon (no turkey)

2.5 sausage links (kid didn't eat half of theirs)

Scrambled eggs

A made to order omelette with every veggie imaginable plus ham

2 pieces of bass

2 pieces of chicken in some sort of sauce

Crab louie

Lots of veggies

4 deviled eggs

A few bites of banana/strawberry bread pudding and oreo poundcake

And an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie


Felt good to "revist" my old self like that.  Had the ability to eat more, but knew the reasonable call was to cut it at that point. A little bit of gut distress later and I was good for the prowler.

No comments:

Post a Comment