Tuesday, April 6, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2387

BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 1, Workout 2


AM WORKOUT (0530 natural wake up) FASTED


Tabata 45lb KB workout (1 armed snatches for the 20 seconds on, 1 arm swings for 10 seconds off, alternate arms each rep)


BREAKFAST


80lb weighted vest walk outdoors


2 miles in 43:08

2.1 miles in 45:29


Notes: Got the tabata work in because I really dig doing SOMETHING before breakfast.  I feel like it improves nutrient uptake.  Got in the walk.  Mrs let me have on old GPS watch so I can actually track distance and time, so that's cool.  2 miles was the goal, but they legit closed the sidewalk down for road construction on my way back so I had to take an alternate route.  Leisurely pace: just getting in the reps.  Still owe daily work and wanna get in some sort of quick conditioning workout before work.  


Much like BBB Beefcake, I will do the absolute minimums of this program for sure, but also allow myself additional work once that's done.  The workout is the main course, everything else dessert, and you don't get dessert if you don't clean your plate.


On that note, figuring out where to slot things in.  Since BtM has a 20 repper in it, I'm going to cut that out of my Juarez Valley workout and instead slot the belt squats in there.  Lateral raises need to find a home: I'm thinking day 1, just because it's a little lighter on shoulder work.  I'd like to put it on day 2, but I'm going to do Poundstone curls for my curl work there, and after that my arms tend to be dead.


With me doing daily neck bridging, I may cut out the neck harness work.  I'm doing far less rows than I was doing before, but I'm not too torn up about that.  I think working on cleaning reps from the floor will answer the mail there.


PM WORKOUT (1300)


Tabata 20lb DB thrusters for 10 rounds


Notes: Wanted to try something different to get some blood into my legs. The DBs are light enough that I can make it through all the rounds. I was breathing pretty hard when it was all done. This works well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment