Monday, April 5, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2386


BULIDING THE MONOLITH Week 1, Workout 1


AM WORKOUT (0500 natural wake up, 0700 workout)

I'm just gonna list stuff out now and explain it in the notes


Chins (various grips)
10x10

Buffalo bar squats
5xBar
5x140
5x230
5x310
5x355
5x5x400

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x136
5x156
5x176

Band pull aparts
2x33
1x34

Dips
3x25
3x20
1x25
2x16
1x8 (25 band pushdowns at end)

Standing ab wheel
2x10

Reverse hyper
2x20

Axle strict press 136 (w/12 second rest pause)
10+4+3

Times:
* 58 min and some seconds to complete bare minimum (all required main work, 100 chins, 100 pull aparts and at least 100 dips)

* 1 hour 1 min to complete the rest pauses in the strict press

* 1 hour 13 min to complete all work


Notes: Alright, here is how it shook down.  I started my timer before my very first set of chins, which I do as I walk into the garage after dropping my kid off at school.  Once I hit that, I changed out of my sweats, put on my sleeves and shoes (I wear my rehband warm up pants under my sweats because I'm an OG like that) and then hit another set of chins, kicking off giant sets of 


Chins-squat-press.


I took plate change rests from there, rolling straight from chin to squat to press over and over again.  With the way my rack is set up, I can literally drop to my feet from the chin, walk straight under the bar, squat it, rack it, back out of the rack and start pressing, so it's super fast.


I finished the top set of presses before the 355 set of squats.  Once I finished presses, the giant set became


Chin-squat-dip


I finished chins around the second set of the 5x5 sets of 400, at which point the giant set became


Squat-dip-pull apart


Once the squats were done, I did the final set of presses.  In 5/3/1 Forever, Jim gives the ok to use rest pausing for upper body widowmakers, so I figured game on and did that, but I took times on if I didn't do that to demonstrate that this program can STILL be done in under an hour.  I was honestly being pretty leisurely with me time here, as I'm in MUCH better shape than the first time I ran it and didn't need to push as hard to move as quick.  I was taking about 2 minutes of rest between topset squats and it worked out perfect.  The weight WAS heavy, but manageable, and I'll be in a good place if I allow myself even more rest.


I got about 135 total dips in the under an hour mark.  Wanted to get the full 200 and finish up daily work, so I did just that.



Breakfast was stellar.  Finally working on some elk burgers I picked up on my birthday a while back.  Mixed them in with half an avocado, 2 whole organic cage free eggs, 1 egg white, fat free cheese on a creppini egg wrap, along with 2 stalks of celery with some nuts n more, a keto waffle with sunbutter and a cup of almond milk



Perfect fuel to build the monolith.

No comments:

Post a Comment