Thursday, April 15, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2395


WEDNESDAY


Got a long one here.


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 2, Workout 3


AM WORKOUT (0700) After coming back from Night Shift


DB rows 90lbs

2x20

1x17

1x15

1x16


Texas Power Bar Touch and Go Deadlifts

5x135

5x205

5x340

5x385

3x5x445 (dead stop with controlled eccentric each rep on final set)


Axle bench press

5x136

5x186

5x216

5x5x246 (touch and go first 2 sets, pause all reps last 3)


90lb DB bench stripset (no rest between sets)

(3 incline) 1x12

(3) 1x3 w/Reactive Slingshot

(3) 1x3 w/Metal Catapult

(Flat) 1x5

BW dips w/10 breath rest pause: 8+9+9+8+9+7

25 band pushdowns


Reverse hyper stripset (no rest between sets0

10x360

10x270

10x180

10x90


Poundstone Curls

158xAxle



2nd Tang Soo Do Class (details in notes)



PM WORKOUT (2100)


1 armed alternating KB snatches followed by six count burpees


21

15

9

5-Time 5:50



Notes: Ok, this is gonna be meaty, so settle in.


Started BtM off with


DB rows-deads-bench


Plate change rests.  Once the rows ran out I was onto worksets, and used 90 second rest intervals.  I was feeling strong, which makes sense coming off a night shift, because I had a LOT of meals in me.  Belt was tight.  And this was a light workout for the cycle, so I made things tough.  Final set of deadlifts, I set the deadlift down like it was touch and go, but went deadstop and broke it off the floor again.  Trying to hit the best of both worlds there.  I'm feeling confident for next week on that.


Had some extra time, so threw in some extra assistance work.  


The Poundstone curls were easier than usual.  Got through 100 without pausing.  I imagine that's because I'm not doing 100+ underhand chins beforehand.  Kinda funny to think I'm actually training LESS with BTM.



For Tang Soo Do, we went over the first form again (got told that the Mrs and I have it down), then learned 1-step self defense drills for hand and foot strikes and learned some basic wrist grab defense.  My wife summed it up too well: "It's probably because I'm married to you, but I know I won't be able to fight with this, so I'm just having fun learning it".  It's been a blast coming back to my roots with this stuff, but also a concur: some of it can be a little silly.  But that's the thing: it's a time to not take myself so seriously and just have some fun.  Got in some decent stretching and push ups.  Focused on not keeping my body so tense.


That conditioning WOD I came up with before work was pretty solid.  Laid out like Fran, just different movements.  Had me breathing hard.  


Check in photo.  Not set under consistent circumstances due to coming off the night shift, but whatever



No comments:

Post a Comment