Monday, April 12, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2393


BUILDING THE MONOLITH, Week 2 Workout 1

AM WORKOUT (0540 wake up via alarm, 0645 workout)

Work below, explanation in notes

Buffalo Bar Squats
5xBar
5x140
5x210
5x285
5x335
5x5x375

Chins (various grips)
12
8x11

Axle clean and strict press away
5x126
5x146
5x166

Dips
200 total

Band pull aparts
4x25

Axle strict press from rack w/rest pause 126
14+4+3

20 standing ab wheels
25 band pushdowns

Lateral raises (no rests)
20x10lbs
20x5
20x2.5
20xUnweighted


Notes: First giantset was

Squat-chin-press

I skipped press warm-ups to make the workout go faster, which is kinda like not paying your taxes to save money.  Once the pressing was done it went

Squat-chin-dip

Once chins were done it wen

Squat-pull apart-dip

Once squats were done I knocked out the final set of presses with press-pull apart-dip, then did dips and ab wheel until dips were done, then the lateral raises.  Got in some GHRs and neck after my shake.


The squat warm-ups felt amazing, and then the worksets crushed me.  I was only taking 90 seconds between giant sets of work sets, and only plate change rests leading up to that, so it may be part of that.  Still flew through the workout, but I'm catching myself undereating again.


Gotta remember: Poundstone.  I legit look at photos and videos of him before my big meals to remind me why the hell I'm doing this.  My appetite is through the roof, which is awesome: gotta capitalize on it.


Still crushing breakfast at least





Axle Grace on the agenda later.


PM WORKOUT (1300)


Axle Grace


Time: 2:55


Notes: Sprained something in the left wrist around rep 6 or so. Very annoying hiccup: nothing world ending, but most likely played a slight role in performance. Axle was bouncing all over the place. Yet another sub-3 time. I’ve legit never been in this good of shape in my life. Funny the things being away from competition does. It reminds me of what Joe Rogan said about Tyson when he got out of prison: his boxing skills were rusty, but he came back to the ring way more jacked than he had ever been before. We get locked up and we build the things we can.


Forgot my blueberries in my yogurt this morning. Still don’t have the habit built.


No comments:

Post a Comment