Sunday, July 4, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2470


FRIDAY


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE, Week 1, Workout 2


AM WORKOUT (0620) Post Night Shift


Axle clean and push press away

10x10x175 (3:45 between sets)


Sets of 8 chins between even sets

Sets of 10 pull aparts between odd sets


Immediately post final set

50 dips w/25 pushdown chaser


DB lateral raise stripset (no rest)

22x20lbs

22x5lbs

22x10

22x2.5

22xEmpty hands


Poundstone curls

110xAxle+2.5 per side


25kb swings w/40kg bell


PM WORKOUT (1600) post sleep


Fran WOD


Time: 5:45


PM WORKOUT II


12 Tabata rounds (20 seconds on/10 seconds off) as follows


Round 1: 40kg KB swing

Round 2: 20lb devil’s presses

Round 3: 20lb DB thrusters

Repeat

Finish with 25 kb swings


Notes: Full day of training, I’ll see what I can remember worth logging. Observant readers will note my axle weight is ending with a 5 vs the traditional 6, and that’s because I wasn’t using my kilo plates to get to a 136lb baseline like usual, instead slapping 2 35s onto a 15kg axle and then using 1lb collars to get me to 175lbs. This weight is the absolute right weight for this phase of the program. I actually missed the final rep of the final set due to a misgroove, and the last 4 reps of the final 5 sets were challenging. Cleaning the axle at the start continues to be the money/high IQ move. Really happy I’ve kept that. Had to be quiet for the first half of the workout and then could open up a bit more after that. Swings after Poundstone curls are amazingly terrible. My push press ability has really gotten strong.


Typically, I go with Grace on press days, but I picked Fran because I wanted to get in more thruster work AND, with my in-laws in town, I didn’t want to make the ruckus that comes with dropping 136lbs overhead 30+ times. Time was slow, but makes sense with the circumstances.


Little pre-work circuit answered the mail. Just digging those swings.


Thinking it’s gonna be log cleans vs barbell cleans tomorrow. I can be much more quiet on a log. DO need to watch out for my elbows on that though: can’t let it down too gentle. It’s going to be a tight day as it is, because I work a 12 that night, but it means I get the 4th off.


I am incredibly sore. Waking up in the middle of the day and walking to the bathroom I feel about a million years old. Good incentive to eat more. I actually think I’m getting ahead of the leg soreness again. It hurts, but already seems to be moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment