Friday, July 9, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2477


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 2, Workout 3


AM WORKOUT (0310 Wake up via alarm)


Power cleans

10x10x155 w/3:45 rest


Sets of 10 pull aparts between even sets, sets of 10 dips between odd sets


Chins (various grips)

3xFailure


Clean pulls 225

1x10


Notes: Ran this out of order as I had no idea how long it was going to take and I was training before work. Cleans were the priority, so I got them done, then did what I could from there. Will finish up some later. For being done first thing in the morning after 6 hours of sleep after 36 hours awake, a few of those cleans actually had some decent pop. I was pulling off my crash mats, which cut away noise and honestly put me in a better starting position. I’m just plain not built for weightlifting with my monkey arms and stump of a torso (fantastic deadlifter though), so elevating the starting height makes things a bit more “fair”. Rack position is, of course, garbage. Lot of “Paul Anderson cleans” in there, but occasionally things would come together. If nothing else, 100 bad form cleans are a fantastic metabolic workout.


I’m surprisingly unsore from the deadlifts. However, something interesting I’ve noticed this go round is that I get torso soreness, sorta around the serratus. It’s a bit like body aches, sorta like the flu. I have a feeling my body is just finding new ways to manifest fatigue as I continue to find new ways to push it.



PM WORKOUT (1500)


Clean pulls 225

2x10


Axle shrugs against light bands

1x102


Kroc rows 115

1x17


Bodyweight reverse hyper

1x40


CONDITIONING

135lb thrusters/40kg KB swing

12

6

3

1 Time: 4:28


20 standing ab wheel


50 KB swings


Notes: Just a hodgepodge of stuff to finish out the back day and get in conditioning.  Speaking of, that thruster/swing thing is nuts.  I was absolutely nuked inside of 4:30.  Might drop the weight on the thruster a touch next time to get in some more reps, but definitely some magic there.

No comments:

Post a Comment