Tuesday, July 13, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2480


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 3, Workout 1


AM WORKOUT (0545 wakeup via alarm, 0700 workout)


Buffalo Bar Squats 350lbs w/3:50 rest between sets

1x12

8x11


SUPERSET (hyper-abs) circuit: no rest 


Reverse hyper 290

5x10


Standing ab wheel

5x4


20 chins and 20 dips


Notes: You can't stop me.  I'm too strong.  I'm too motivated.  And you're too weak





Ok, that aside, it's the goddamn truth: I am obliterating these squat workouts.  I've never been this finely tuned for squats before.  And this is AFTER hitting a lifetime PR on front squats as part of a conditioning workout the day before.  I used to do these workouts with 240lbs and think I was something big.  This week actually felt like a relief because it was "only" 9 sets instead of 10.  My hamstring twinged on the second set, so I had to take things a little slow, but I was also conscious of that thing I pulled in my groin yesterday, so speed was already downplayed.


Gonna fit the deads in on a conditioning WOD pretty soon.  Got 3 earlies in a row coming up.


AM WORKOUT II (1000)


TnG Deads 308 (140kg)-chins-dips

12

9

6

3 Time: 5:10


Notes: Getting fast at this.  Great way to get in some daily work, the technique work, and conditioning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment