Thursday, July 15, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2482


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 3, Workout 3


AM WORKOUT (0305 natural wakeup)


Log cleans 150 w/3:50 between sets

1x12

8x11


5x10 band pull aparts spread during rest periods


Axle shrugs against light bands

1x104


Chins

3xF


Notes:Got about 4.5 hours of sleep after coming home from Tang Soo Do in the evening and starting this up. TSD itself was pretty cool: got to learn some new one setp self defense and we got a new student that’s a transfer from the Netherlands. High ranking dude, which also means there’s now one other male in the class aside from myself and the instructor.


Wore my 1980s style fingerless lifting gloves for the log cleans. Helped keep my hands from tearing.


It was incredibly humid in the garage this morning, and then the skies opened up and I could hear the rain pounding even over the sound of music. Definitely need to watch my salt intake, because I was pouring sweat. I was lacking in “pop” on the cleans, but given my fatigued state that’s understandable.


Officially registered for the competition yesterday: I am signed up as a 181lb competitor for Midwest’s Strongest Man 2021. Events/weights as follows.


Viking press: 255

Car deadlift: Car

H-Stone carry: 325

Axle Squat: 375


Just realized how heavy that stone carry is. In general, this is my kinda show. Static, reppy, low technique, heavy carry. Still gonna run Deep Water Intermediate to the end, then dial in the diet a bit. DoggCrapp might actually be the right prescription so that I have more days to spend drilling my carries. SVR II would work just fine too though. Too many avenues for success: never a bad thing.


PM WORKOUT (1500)


21 Tabata protocol rounds (20 seconds on/10 seconds off) of the following circuit


Minute 1: Stone of steel shouldering

Minute 2: 40kg KB swings

Minute 3: Burpees


Notes: This was awesome.  Really blew me out quick.  I want to get back in the habit of picking heavy stuff off the floor, since it looks like that's how the H-stone is gonna go.  All the work with overhead off the floor paid off, as I didn't skip a beat on it.  Rest of it was a solid fatigue inducer.

No comments:

Post a Comment