Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2488


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 4, Workout 3


AM WORKOUT (0250 natural wakeup)


Chins

3xF


Power cleans 155 w/3:50 rest

1x12

8x11


Sets of 10 dips done between first 5 sets


Axle shrugs against light bands

1x106


Kroc rows 115

1x20


40 BW reverse hypers

50 band pull aparts

25 band pushdowns

20 standing ab wheel


Notes: Sleep was better than last night, but still a little on the rough side. First set of cleans was garbage, but after that I came alive. Focused on actually “catching” the bar with some knee bend vs launching it to my clavicle from a fully upright position. Still awful at the movement, but it gets my heart rate up and feels brutal enough, especially as I remain wrecked from deads and presses.


Sparring night tonight at Tang Soo Do. I’m excited. Been a LONG time. It’s no-contact point sparring, but whatever: it’ll at least get my heart rate up.


I legit feel like I gave myself the flu from deadlifts. Ribs/torso ache and I spent the first hour of work yesterday feeling like I was going to vomit.


Got in a 2.6 mile walk with the Mrs yesterday in the evening. Good to get in that low impact stuff.


PM WORKOUT (1500)


30 thrusters w/135lbs


3:05 (new PR)


Notes: This just remains an awesome Grace-like WOD with a different focus. Sucks similar but different.


Also, RIP my GHR. The footplate snapped off it today during daily work. I might put it against a wall to see if that answers the mail, but maybe I’ll treat myself to a floor version. In the interim, I might settle on daily swings to keep the hamstrings trained, although that’s a different approach and it’s weighted.



No comments:

Post a Comment