Sunday, July 11, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2478


AM WORKOUT (0600 wake up via dog) FASTED


image

Notes: Did 16 total rounds, using a 40kg bell, and on the 16th round I swung the KB for 50 reps. Nice start to the day.


On that note, yesterday was an unscheduled off day. We lost power from a storm and had some pretty significant damage. We were told by the power company it’d be several days without power, and with a freezer full of piedmontese beef that was a no sale, so we got a generator. And since 200k of us lost power, generators were sold out everywhere, so we drove to the next city to get one. And since I’m me, I attempted to load it into my truck by myself like it was an atlas stone, until some jackass swooped out of the blue and “helped” me.


Ever notice how when people ask “do you need a hand?”, they don’t accept the answer of “no” before they just insert themselves?


I still managed to start that day off with 150kb swings with the 40 and all my daily work. Nutrition went out the window. Waking up without power, we tried going out to eat, and discovered everyone else had the same idea, so we ended up at a Wendy’s that was drivethrough only, I ordered a maple bacon chicken breakfast sandwich, assuming it a chicken sandwich with maple bacon…only to discover it was a chicken and bacon sandwich covered in maple syrup. Tossed it and had a quest bar for breakfast…and then fasted until 1500 because the day just got crazier and crazier.


I am a bit proud of how nutrition went from there. Came home with the generator but needed nutrition before I continued, and instead of caving and having some “cardboard carbs” (thanks Dan John), I opened up a can of chicken and tossed it in a mixing bowl with half an avocado, 2 giant spoonfulls of sunbutter, 6 macadamia nuts, some hot sauce and some salt. It was honestly really palatable, but also just a ton of concentrated energy. I really just have no craving for junk these days.


Power is back, so back to the grind.


PM WORKOUT (1500)


Axle bench press 251
3x10

Close grip axle bench 216
2x10
1x8

(3) Incline DB bench 95s
3x10 w/dips to failure after last set

Dips
2xF with push ups to failure after last set

Push ups
2xF with push ups to failure using reactive slingshot and then catapult on last set


CONDITIONING

Tabata 40kg KB swings and burpees (swings on odd rounds/burpees on even)


Notes: 3:20 rests between sets of bench, 2:00 between sets of bodyweight work.  My right shoulder has been bugging me today: wondering if I torqued it doing some fence reconstruction/generator moving.  Still strong enough for the workout: Just bugging it on other stuff.  Pleased with the DB benching and the flat bench, although setting up for this workout I realized how much I just don't give a f**k about benching any more.  Been doing it since I started lifting weights, and it just doesn't excite me at all.  And I realize I hate all of my training, but there's at least some of it that I fear enough that overcoming it is worthwhile, but this really feels like going through the motions.  Change may be on the horizon.


That conditioning workout was awesome.  Gonna remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment