Saturday, September 11, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2537


AM WORKOUT (0620 wake up via dog)


FASTED


11 rounds of EMOM daily work with a 4 KB swing buy in each round with 40kg bell

50 KB swings


Notes: Pleased I got this in before the family got up. First time in a while I got up on a weekend and was fired up to get in a quick session like this. Sleep has been real solid, and yesterday was even the day I spent 24+ hours awake to re-adjust from night shift. Things are going well. Plan to get in Tower or something similar today.


PM WORKOUT (1400)


Climb the Tower, Escape Through The Valley, Go Back for Survivors


Front squats 258 w/5 six count burpees in between

1-2-3-4-5-6-1-5-2-4-3 (16:56)

Transition immediately to front squats 225

5 w/5 burpees

5x1 w/1 burpee between sets (time: 22:26)


Notes: Wanted to get in a quicker one than usual, so upped the weight.  Pushed harder than I needed to, so went with the escape through the valley.  Tried out another bad idea I had: "go back for survivors".  Max reps, then matching total reps in singles.  Idea is you climb as high as you can, then you unload "survivors" and give them a chest compression.  It's gimmicky.  I think if I really wanted to make it work, I'd do front squat and then stone of steel to shoulder or sandbag in a similar manner.  Definitely something there waiting for me.  Still a tough workout no matter how you slice it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment