Sunday, September 26, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2551


AM WORKOUT (0530 natural wake up)


FASTED 2+ mile 80lb weighted vest walk with dog


Notes: Supposed to get hot today so got the walk in early. Thinking a daily work circuit later in the day to close out the deload week and then full on assault starting Monday…along with 2 night shifts. But minus some work travel I should be done with shift work for the foreseeable future, which will be nice.


Just weighed myself post breakfast as 182.2. Means I would have made weight for the comp, and I am about 10lbs down from the start of weight loss 7 weeks ago. Great spot to grow.


PM WORKOUT (1600)


20 seconds on/10 seconds off for 15 minutes with following protocol


Round 1: 40kg KB swings

Round 2: Daily work

Round 3: 45lb KB snatch

Round 4: Daily work

Repeat


Toward the end, ran out of daily work so just alternated swings and snatches.  Got my heart rate up and my daily work in.  Weight loss is over.  It's good I'm scheduling end dates.  It's too easy to chase after leanness for it's own sake, mainly because getting lean is too easy.  Building muscle is hard, and it's time to do the hard work.  


Biggest victory of this fat loss cycle: told my wife I would have made weight if I did the comp, and she said "That's pretty awesome, because you weren't even trying to".  I then said I had been losing weight for the past 7 weeks and she said she hadn't noticed, and then remarked "Well, I DID wonder why you wanted 2 eggs in the morning instead of 3".  A sign that I managed to get as lean as I needed WITHOUT burdening my family through the process.  I've found balance.  That's huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment