Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Training Log: Entry 2547


AM WORKOUT (0248 natural wake up, insomnia is creeping back in)


LEVEL GRIND


Start with 1 log viper press at 135 and 4 box jumps. Each round, add 1 rep to the viper press.


Got to 16 reps of log viper in 40 minutes.


20 standing ab wheels

40 Reverse hypers

25 Reverse hyper leg curls


10 rounds of

5 chins (various grips)

5 dips


25 band pushdowns


Lateral raise stripset (no rest)

20x20lbs

20x10

20x5

20x2.5

20xEmpty hands

1:55 empty hand cruficix hold


Notes: I truthfully wanted to name this workout “Monument to Non-Existence” ala the line from Kefka in Final Fantasy VI, and even listened to “Dancing Mad” on repeat the whole time I did it, but “level grind” honestly fits it better. You hit the log viper to grind XP, then go fight the box jumps. You gotta keep upping the dose on the viper to level up enough for the next set of box jumps.


I came up with this last night. I like it. I got 136 reps in 40 minutes on the log. I wanted something other than burpees between the log, and the box jumps really answered the mail well. Kept my heart racing. Those first few rounds go by silly fast, and then you just drag. Taking weight off the floor allows you to take breaks as needed to get the reps in vs a squatting movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment