Sunday, September 12, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2538


AM WORKOUT (0630 wake up via dog)


Tabata lateral burpees over bar (fasted)


Notes: Holy cow that’s a whole new element there. My shoulders are really fried from log Kalsu and Tower so I wanted to make burpees a bit more leggy, and this absolutely changed things. I was sucking wind real early into this. Definitely gotta remember that. I’m such a terrible jumper that anything that can force me to do it is good for me.


Date night last night was awesome. Saw Dave Attell. He’s aging, but his comedy chops are on point. Face hurts from smiling and laughing for so long. Had Mahimahi for the first time and it’s delicious. Once again, I’m discovering that there’s no animal I don’t enjoy eating. In that regard, we got some Malasadas for dessert to help the Mrs reconnect, and though a pleasant taste, I really didn’t care to finish it. Comedy Club required that we order 2 items, Mrs got some sort of insane dinner plate sized brownie, I took a bite, and though pleasant (warm, gooey, chocolately), again, just no real desire to have more. Meanwhile, I ordered wings to bring home and THOSE were a difficult temptation, and if you had given me another serving of fish at the restaurant instead of the malasada, I’m sure I would have inhaled it. Body is just calibrated differently now.


It’s nice to just enjoy food vs binge on it. That being said, Mrs requested burgers tonight, and I’m thinking of doing a surf and turf burger: 1 patty bison, 1 patty salmon. And on that note, I feel like this weight loss phase may get shut down soon, because there’s just too much good animal flesh to eat and ample opportunities to grow.


PM WORKOUT (1500)


Dan John Complex A w/115lbs (sets of 8 for all)


Rows

Power cleans

Front Squats

Push press (deviates from RX military press)

Back squat

Good morning


4 rounds total (60 seconds rest first, 90 second, 120 third)


Notes: Nice to get in the barbell complexes for variety. Dan is always the man. Push press is a much better fit over strict.

No comments:

Post a Comment