Saturday, September 25, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2550


AM WORKOUT (0630 natural wake up)


FASTED Fran+ (strict chins)

Time: 4:47


Notes: Always a classic. Felt like I was moving stupid slow, but time shows otherwise. Good way to get my metabolism revved up for the morning. 


LUNCHTIME WORKOUT


20 rounds EMOM 3 bear complexes w/95lbs


1 min rest


AMRAP bear complexes in 5 min (managed 25)


Notes: Threw this together as I was putting my shoes on. Good balance between EMOM and AMRAP. Testing soon.


Made an omelet with leftover piedmontese stew meat this morning and I am pretty sure I am a genius


TANG SOO DO BELT TEST 


Doing 85 bear complexes beforehand certainly made this interesting, as my shoulders felt like they were going to fall off during the hand technique drills, but I find another gear through the pain and really put in some solid techniques.  Found some good power in my punches.  My sidekick still needs work (which is to say, in order to do it the Tang Soo Do way vs Tae Kwon Do), but I'm finding a good compromise on the roundhouse with my Muay Thai background, and imagine I'm arriving at conclusions similar to what Kyokushin came up with.


One step defenses went well for the most part.  One of the people testing had a weird kiai that sounds like someone yelling "BREAK", so it kept throwing me off thinking the drill had ended.  Gotta learn how to phase that out.


Did a knifehand break for the upper body, and that roundhouse for the lower body.  Got both on the first try.





More than confident we passed.  Promotions will be in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment