Sunday, November 7, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2593


AM WORKOUT (0700 wake up) FASTED


BLACKJACK: THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS


Notes: Just going to explain this one.  Traditional Blackjack workout is alternating between chins and dips where the total number of reps is 21.  Start with 20 chins and 1 dip, then 19 chins and 2 dips, etc, until you end up at 1 chin and 20 dips.

I stuck with chins, because chins are awesome, but went with a DB complex for the alternate movement.  The complex I picked was a Devil Press into a thruster.  So devil press the DBs, then catch the weight from the press into a front squat and then thruster it up.  That's 1 complex.  I used 25lb DBs.  Was debating between that and the 20s.


I set a 1 hour cap on this, primarily because I was training fasted.  


I started with the chins, because I knew getting through 20 of those complexes was going to blow me out and make me pretty worthless for the rest of the workout.  Better to save that for the end.


In the 1 hour cap, I was able to get through the 16 rep complex, go over and do 4 chins and get through 5 reps of the 17 rep complex.  The house won here.  


For you visual types: 20 chins/1 complex, 19/2,18/3,17/4,16/5,15/6,14/7,13/8,12/9,11/10,10/11,9/12,8/13,7/14,6/15,5/16,4/5


When I was done, it looked like I had gone swimming: I was soaked.


Finished up with some ab work.  Came back to my room and ate a lot.



PM WORKOUT (1800)

10 burpees, lunge the distance of my hotel room and back, 9 burpees and lunges, all the way down to 1, then all the way back up to 10.  Just something to get in some activity after a nap and get my body reset for night shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment