Monday, November 1, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2587


BBB BEEFCAKE Week 6, Workout 2 (schedule jacked)


AM WORKOUT (0322 natural wake up: had my alarm set incorrectly and had to scramble)


Axle clean and strict press away (superset w/band pull aparts)

5xAxle

3x166

3x186

0x206


Axle clean and strict press away 166 superset w/axle rows of same weight (2:00 between sets/23:00 total time)

5x10


Flat DB bench w/95lb DBs (no rest between sets)

1x11

1x5 w/reactive slingshot

1x4 w/slingshot

1x4 w/Metal Catapult


Immediately transition to 50 dips followed by 25 pushdowns


CONDITIONING


Thieves Guiltd Initaite w/25lb KB


Notes: As I wrote: made a rookie mistake and had my alarm set incorrectly. Crammed nutrition down my throat and rushed through this. Felt woozy on the first set of 166 in the mainwork and had to take everything slow. Took 206 from the rack and just knew it wasn’t happening. Frustrating, but it’s the situation we’re in. Part of it is my right forearm/elbow is aching a bit due to squatting like an a-hole yesterday and I’m just cramming all my training together due to my work trip.


On set 2 of the 5x10 work I activated berserker mode. I was just getting frustrated with how the training day was turning out and decided to fix it. I wasn’t able to get the 10 reps all in one go for the last 4 sets of the 5x10 work, but given I was taking the weight from the floor I allowed myself that, and would simply drop the weight, take a short breather and then re-clean it and press until I hit the reps: no different than a competition. I counted the cleans toward my rows reps total.


Flat bench was a deviation created out of necessity of time. It worked. I owe chins, abs, and poundstone curls. I also still want to get in keg pressing, which makes me think it might be “Keg Fran” time to get in the keg AND the chins. That’s just stupid enough to work!


Keeping the goal the goal, I’m looking big these days. In particular, I’m looking broad. I seem to be growing sideways. I imagine a lot of that is due to the heavy overhead focus: obliques in particular have thickened up again. Which probably explains why my squat is exploding: base has gotten MUCH stronger. Being truthful: I miss my topend pressing strength. 206 was something I hit for 13 reps before. But I was also about 25lbs heavier at the time. It’s tough to reconcile.


PM WORKOUT (1500)


"Go Home Fran: You're Drunk"


150lb keg 1 motion/strict chins

21

15

9 (Time: 9:18)





Notes: Came up with this because I needed to get in my chins and keg pressing and I'm really not smart.  My right elbow and left glute still ache, so apparently this doesn't fix that.  Will get in Poundstones when I go pick up my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment