Thursday, November 25, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2611


Started the morning off with tabata burpees over bar, had 1.5 cinamon rolls, then did 365 reps of 135lbs of high handle trap bar pulls





Because traditions.



Actually got to get in a round of sparring last night.  I'm using SO many spin kicks these days because of the limited ruleset, but that's good for my flexibility and mobility.  Trying to focus on working angles rather than coming straight on.  One of the biggest issues is having to remember which techniques I've been officially taught and sparring at "my level".  On the plus side, the instructor considers me something of a threat at least, because he clowned the other students while offering me a solid challenge.


We got to work the wavemasters prior to that.  One drill was 30 seconds, hands only, flurry of blows.  Apparently I was shaking the whole Dojang.  We also did a minute of mixed hands and kicks.  My whole body is pretty stiff after that.  I need to work the BAS more.  Power is there, but, in turn, my body isn't used to exploding like that.



In that regard, the burpees over bar in the morning as SUPER restorative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment