Saturday, November 20, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2606


AM WORKOUT (0545 wake up via dog) FASTED


2 mile 80lb weighted vest walk.


Notes: Not a bad start to the weekend. May have been able to sleep more, but schedule is pretty packed and getting the dog walked early relieved some of that. Still have deads and bench today. My plan for a cheat meal didn’t really unfold. By the time I got to dinner, all I wanted was meat, so I got wings again. I think I need to start actually doing a cheat meal at breakfast if I’m going to start implementing them, because by the time dinner rolls around, I’m so full of nutrient rich foods that I just plain don’t have any hunger in me and the idea of eating something I enjoy doesn’t manifest because I just plain don’t want to eat. Interesting development.


AM WORKOUT II (0900)


Tabata burpees over bar


24 GHRs


PM WORKOUT (1330)


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 2, Workout 2


Axle touch and go deadlifts

5x136

5x226

5x346

5x396

3x5x451





Swiss Bar bench press

5x125 (super close grip)

5x195 (close grip)

5x225 (close grip)

5x5x255 (normal grip)


20 standing ab wheels


DB rows 105

1x55 in 3:40


Poundstone curls

187xAxle


Reverse hyper 180

1x40


Chins

Dips

Pull aparts



Notes: Supersetted the deads and bench until I ran out of deads, then finished out the benching.  With the axle loaded to the very ends, I had to really control the deads, which added an element of suck to it.  Since my axle was occupied, I went with swiss bar benching, because barbell benching is lame and I'm so bad at swiss bar benching that it's a challenge in and of itself.  Unracking it still sucks and it's especially brutal to bench with.  I'd love it if I didn't hate it.


The rows are some of the most taxing parts of this workout.  The curls are always gnarly.


Got in the rest of my daily work. 


Wanted to share what my box squat box rig looks like these days




No comments:

Post a Comment