Wednesday, November 17, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2603


BUILDING THE MONOLITH WEEK 1 Workout 6…or 7


AM WORKOUT (0340 Natural wakeup)


Tower of Babel w/225lb front squats


1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1


Time: 34:32


Transition immediately to Daily Work Circuit


5 rounds of

10 chins

4 standing ab wheels

10 dips

8 reverse hypers w/50lbs


In between each movement, do 2 KB clusters w/45lbs (so 2 clusters, 10 chins, 2 clusters, 4 ab wheels, 2 clusters, etc).


Didn’t time it, but it took about 25 minutes


Finished up with 50 pull aparts, 25 pushdowns, neck harness, neck curls and 15 GHRs


Notes: Legs were feeling absolutely shot, so the Tower helped them come back with some fresh blood. Definitely wasn’t moving fast on it today, but it was brutal enough to achieve the training effect I needed, and that daily work circuit got nasty. I’ve got my KB clean form better dialed in after watching a Dan John video on it.


Realized next week is Thanksgiving, which is when I planned on hitting my trap bar deathset, so that’s cool. I can slot that in as a conditioning workout.


Fleshing out the future training plan more, thinking of getting the BtN presses on my push press day and dips on strict press day. For squat and dead day, I’m thinking of giant set based assistance work, and bringing the SSB back into the picture there. I’ve got too many effective movements to pick from.


Need to add something to my already elaborate breakfast: I’m getting hungry. Perhaps some shrimp or nuts.


PM WORKOUT (1730)


High handle trap bar lifts 135lbs

1x130 (unbroken)


Notes: This was pretty awesome.  Very intense lactic acid build up.  Makes me feel like things will bode well for the deathset.


Got Tang Soo Do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment