Thursday, November 18, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2604


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 2, Workout 1


AM WORKOUT (0307 natural wake up, approx 4 hours of sleep)


Box Jumps (highest yet)

5x3


Chins (various grips)

1x21

3x11

1x13

3x11


Buffalo bar squats

5xBar

5x140

5x230

5x300

5x350

5x5x390 (1 min rest between sets, total time 13 minutes)


Axle clean and strict press away

5x130

5x150

5x170

17+4+4x130 (rest pause, clean each new set from floor)


Band pull aparts

2x50


Dips

200 Total, finish and transition immediately to 75 lateral raises w/5lb plates


25 pushdowns

40 revrse hypers w/50lbs

20 standing ab wheels

18 GHRs

Neck bridges


SECOND BREAKFAST


CONDITIONING


10 KB clusters w/45lbs-1 swing w/40kg, then 9 clusters and 2 swings, etc until numbers reversed.





Notes: I'll break this one down.  Started off with giant sets of jump-squat-chin-press.  Did that until I ran out of presses, then continued until I got to the worksets of the squat.  At that point, cut out the jumps and did supersets of squat and chin with 1 minute rest between sets.  When I ran out of chins, I did sets of 15 on dips instead.  So in that regard, I blitzed through the squat work today, which was awesome: always trying to find a way to make this middle week tough.


Rest pausing went well on he press.  Always a good approach.  Happy to have slotted in those lateral raises.  My box jumps are getting awesome.  I took a photo of how I have my "box" set up that I'll upload later.


That conditioning circuit is a burner.  I came up with it as I was making my protein shake, just trying to think of SOMETHING to do that didn't have too much overhead in it, since I still plan to hit up Keg Grace at the end of the day today.


Appetite is through the roof.


PM WORKOUT (1700)


Keg  Grace.


2:35 (4 second PR)





1830


2 mile. 80lb weighted vest walk with dog


Notes: These PRs are pretty nuts, but I am going to keep riding them out. More pain tolerance at this point

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PRs. 1 minute of rest for a heavy 5x5 is really impressive by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated dude. It was a solid challenge.

      Delete