Wednesday, March 30, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2374


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 1, Workout 4


AM WORKOUT (0331 natural wake up)


Axle bench press

10x251

9x251

8x251


Close grip axle bench press

10x226

9x226

8x226


(3) Incline DB bench

3x10x85s


From the final set of DB bench, I went straight to a set of dips. After that, I did a set of dips with an immediate set of push ups, then another set of dips with a set of push ups, followed by reactive slingshot push ups, slingshot push ups and metal catapult push ups, then 25 band push downs


50 pull aparts


Reverse hyper/standing ab wheel

3x20x360/13


Neck work


30 GHRs


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING: 12 rounds of “Cluster Bomb” w/62.5lb KBs, 56 burpee chins accomplished


Notes: Keeping up the 90 seconds rest between sets. Still seeing pretty consistent growth all around. Good to get the monkey off my back with the DB benching. Still not super enthused with this day, but realizing that’s the point. What IS interesting is my traps are killing me, which indicates that I may actually be finally doing power cleans correctly. My connective tissue was feeling better, so I gave Cluster Bomb another run. If I don’t try to do the cleans like an a-hole, I manage. Still just an absolute gasser of conditioning work. Decided to do the dips and push ups as a superset to save time, especially since the push ups are actually removed from intermediate anyway.


I have introduced 1 girl scout cookie a day. Peanut butter patties. Always my favorite: they don’t get much love. Definitely not Deep Water, but tis the season. All that said, I need to actually get in some more real food. Tuesdays are my worst day of the week, so I need to watch that.


Got the KB front squats done when I got home.  8s across, 5 in the final round.  Got my Green Belt at Tang Soo Do tonight, and then we did weapons drills. Some sort of run workout tomorrow, then deadlifts the next day: the REAL fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment