Thursday, March 31, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2375


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 1, Workout 5


AM WORKOUT (0335 wake up via alarm)


18 rounds of 8 KB swings w/40kg bell, sprint up hill, jog down, done in 49:48


Cashout w/50 swings


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


15 rounds of EMOM 2 KB clusters w/62.5lbs with daily work between rounds. In total, got


50 chins

50 dips

20 standing ab wheels

50 pull aparts

25 pushdowns

40 reverse hypers w/90lbs


30 GHRs


Notes: We had some snow fall last night, so my hill was a little icy. This resulted in something of an “interval hill sprint”, where I’d sprint the dry parts and jog the icy parts. Was good for staying aware. Went with swing vs front squats because I didn’t want to bring out my Ironmaster KBs and have them rust, so went with my Titan competition bell. I still had some juice in me when it was done, so pushed the post workout a bit harder. This is going to be my last running workout before my 10 mile race on 9 Apr. I’ll have to come up with something to do next week, but that shouldn’t be hard.


KB front squats are left. Final workout of the week with this weight, and I’ve yet to conquer it. Good sign it’s time to change the protocols. Deep Water deadlifts tomorrow. It’s funny: the squats used to cause me anxiety, and now they’re the workout I’m most excited about crushing. The deadlifts used to be an afterthought, and now they cause me anxiety. And it’s not about surviving it: I know I will. It’s about the pain. The deadlifts are going to hurt, and I have to be at peace with that. And not just DURING the deadlift: for days after, my lungs will ache. It’s wild.

Finished out the day with my Tabata KB front squats.  8s across, 6 in the final round.  Found my limit: new challenges ahead.  Deadlifts tomorrow: eating well to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment