Saturday, March 5, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2709


Slept until 0622 and hit up a fasted workout of 30 rounds of the Burpmuda triangle.  I'm really digging what I've found there.  It's like "Snakehandler Mass-lite".  The Tabata structure makes it different enough.  Hmm, a speed mass eh?  Where have I seen that before...





Supposed to be thunderstorms today, so my typical walk with the dog may get scrapped, but I got this in and KB squats are inevitable.


PM WORKOUT (1400)


2 mile weighted vest treadmill walk w/80lbs


Speed: 3.0

Incline: 6.0 for first 35 minutes, then upped the incline .5 every minute, and then played around in the final minute to end up at 9.0


PM WORKOUT II (1745)


Tabata KB front squats w/55lb bells.  8s across for first 7 rounds: 9 on the final.



Notes: Bit of downtime since I got all the chores done already, so used it to get in that walk.  Treadmill definitely pushes me harder: less stopping compared to with the dog.  Had it in my head to do a circuit with the BAS and some rope skipping, but I really just needed something mindless I can check out on.


Wanted to discuss with those front squats: just like the 10x10 of Deep Water, every workout in a journey.  It's amazing how differently I feel at the 2nd round vs the 6th.  And since I keep upping the weight, it never gets easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment