Saturday, March 12, 2022

Training Log: Entry 2716


Slept until 0645 (best sleep I’ve had in a LONG time) and got in 56 burpee chins in 6 minutes, fasted. Was proud that I did that. I had slept so late I thought to myself that maybe I just won’t train first thing this morning, but there’s always a way to “get to yes”. This workout took no set-up, and in 6 minutes my soul was crushed.


Rest of day training


PM workout (1400)


Tabata KB front squats w/57.5s.  8s across, 9 on final round

50 dips

40 reverse hypers w/90lbs

20 standing ab wheels

50 pull aparts

25 push downs

Neck work


Followed immediately w/ 2 mile 80lb weighted vest walk w/dog.  Listened to 40ish minutes of this podcast.  HIGHLY recommend





PM WORKOUT 2 (1900)


Tabata KB front squats w/57.5s.  8s across, 10 on final round



Notes: My legs are definitely feeling the 10 miles with the Deep Water, so all the Tabata front squats are doing a good job bringing them back to life.  Always enjoy how these days shake out: quick little intensity bursts and the long slow walks.



Oh yeah, I signed up for a strongman competition on 25 Jun.  It's like 20 minutes away.  The events haven't been released yet.  In truth, this will really be a sign on if I've retired or not, because this is as simple as logistics will get for a comp.  If I bail on this, I'm done competing, but if I ride it out and see it through maybe I'm still a strongman.

4 comments:

  1. Hoping we get a chance to see you do one more Strongman competition and/or powerlifting meet before you hang things up. Your focus on conditioning nowadays reminds me of Wendler and his current training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated dude. Wendler is pretty broken, whereas I'm just finding a new path. In truth, it's the logistics that are beating me down with competition. I just want to show up and lift: I don't want to have to deal with weigh ins and rules meetings and FOREVER warm-ups from dudes who should just be ready to go. I'd LOVE a competition where we show up at 0800 and start lifting at 0805 and finish by noon.

      Delete
  2. You used to rave about competitions as a great motivator/inspiration for growth. Do they not have that effect on you anymore or do you just not value it over the annoyances of competition? Too bad there's not a Shute figure in your area that you're inspired to chase and beat. You are Shute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate the sentiment dude. It's not a question of them not having that effect: there is a global pandemic currently that has made mass gathering and transportation VERY difficult to engage in. Most my plans have been scrapped for various reasons as a result.

      I signed up for a 10 mile race in April and it got me to start running again. It still works, haha.

      Delete