Thursday, March 17, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2721


DEEP WATER BEGINNER, Week 5, Workout 4


AM WORKOUT (0325 natural wake up) FASTED


21 rounds of


3 KB front squats w/57.5lb bells

“Sprint” uphill

Jog back down


20 rounds done in 49 flat

21 rounds done in 51:10


Cash out w/10 KB clusters


Front rack carry the bells back to the truck


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


50 chins

50 dips

50 pull aparts

40 reverse hypers w/90lbs

30 GHRs

25 pushdowns

20 standing ab wheels

Neck work


Notes: Felt like I was dragging this morning on my sprints, but by metrics I did better than last time, especially factoring in I was using heavier KBs for the front squats at the start. Had a lot of self-talk through the process. Most likely I need to get the calories higher, as I’m feeling beat down. Tang Soo Do was a hard sell to myself yesterday. I’m rising to all challenges physically, but not feeling as indestructible as I typically do when I’m this heavy into the food. Lots of solutions available, and I haven’t even had to crack into junk yet.


Deadlifts tomorrow. Still debating on the weight to use. Fate will direct me.


My 10 mile race is on 9 Apr. At my current schedule, it will be the day after a Deep Water lower body workout of some variety, so that’ll be pretty gnarly. I’ll be traveling in May as well, but I’ve become such a pro at that it doesn’t even phase me at this point.


Interesting nutritional aside, but getting better at cooking has really done a solid job of squashing my fast food/eating out addiction. Almost all of my favorite foods are now things I can make at home better and cheaper. Been living off some amazing teriyaki chicken thighs for lunch this week that totally blow Panda Express out of the water.



Got in my last round of Tabata KB front squats using the 57.5lb bells.  Tomorrow, we go up to 60.  8s across, 9 on the final round.

No comments:

Post a Comment