Thursday, March 10, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2714


DEEP WATER BEGINNER, Week 4 Workout 5


AM WORKOUT (0335 wake up via alarm) FASTED


10 mile treadmill run


Incline: 1.0

Speed: 6.3 mph

Time: 1:35 and some change


Notes: Was snowing this morning and I knew, deep down, I needed to get in ONE actual distance run before my race just to see where I was/how my new shoes were doing. Running, as expected, sucks. The first 20 steps are the absolute worst. I hit my stride around the 4 mile mark and rode it out for 3-ish miles: felt effortless with everything clicking along. That’s probably that whole “switched from glycogen to fat” thing I hear about, and considering how little glycogen I have and how much fat I’m consuming, it all checks. I’m sure it’s like running a near empty fuel tank to start and then switching over to nitro.


Breathed through my nose for the first 4 miles. Battle a slight cold/allergies, so it was annoying.


All my connective tissue is feeling ok after this. Little sore/tight around the calves.


This wasn’t “set the world on fire” speed, but a comfortable enough pace. Would be about 3 minutes over a 2 hour half marathon, which is usually my metric.


And to pat myself on the back: I slept 4.5 hours, woke up and ran 10 miles fasted. I haven’t run further than 3 miles since April or so. My GPP is just looney tunes. And “OMG YOU NEED CARBS FOR ENDURANCE” is silly.


Got in my Tabata KB front squats. Last session with the 55s. Even after running 10 miles this morning, I managed 8s across and 9 on the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment