Monday, March 21, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2725


DEEP WATER BEGINNER Week 6, Workout 2


AM WORKOUT (0327 natural wake up)


Chins (various grips)

4xF


Pendlay rows

4x10x248 (combo of pound and kilo plates)


Clean pulls

3x10x205


Immediately after clean pulls, all of the following without rest between movements (shrug-shrug-pull-neck-core)


Axle shrugs against short strong bands

1x52


KB Kelso shrugs

14x60lb


Band pull aparts

1x50


Neck work


Reverse hyper/standing ab wheel

3x20x360/13


Kroc rows

20x115


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING: TABEARTA


30 rounds w/95lbs, 2 complexes per round


Notes: 90 seconds rest between all the back work. Another day just nugging through. I am pleased with how I handled the back day this go through of beginners. I kept the weight light on the clean pulls and really nailed the explosiveness. Pendlay rows were a solid call. KBs really are “the answer” for Kelso shrugs. Just a lot of good takeaways. Tabearta is also just perfect on this day, and I feel like my clean technique has gotten stronger as a result. Those 15 rounds still murder me plenty good.


Just got the front squats on the radar for today. Tomorrow is the last “real” Deep Water workout of the program, then benching, hills, and the REAL training begins with intermediate.


Got in my Tabata KB front squats w/60s.  I was hurting, and only got 7 in the final round.  Starting to find my limit here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment