Saturday, April 2, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2377


Slept until 0615 and did a fasted workout of “Cluster Bomb”, this time with 47.5lb KBs and 3 clusters per EMOM. Got 50 burpee chins knocked out in 10:53, then 20 ab wheels and 50 pull aparts. Off to the weekend.


Trained more than I thought I would today.  I got in my Tabata KB squats at 0900.  Staying true tabata with the 47.5lb bells, greater than 8 on the first 4 rounds, 8s for the next 3, 6 on the final round.  Blew me up hard.


After lunch, took on a challenge from another location: 30 of Dan John's Armor Building Complex with 24kg bells





Dan says this can get done in 5 minutes. That's pretty nuts.  I got 18 done in 5 minutes.  Now, yes, I AM doing it a few hours after Tabata KB squats and the day after 10x10 deadlifts w/410lbs, but I can't imagine being "fresh" would get me an extra 12 complexes.  That's an insane standard.


Right after the complexes, I took the dog for a 2 mile walk while I wore my 80lb vest. Figured I'd make the most of my elevated heart rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment