Wednesday, April 20, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2394


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 4, Workout 4


AM WORKOUT (0333 natural wake up)


Axle bench press

10x256

2x7x256


Close grip axle bench

3x10x226


(3) Incline DB bench

10x95s

2x8x95s


Immediately after final set of DB bench, a set of dips. Then, a set of dips with immediate set of push ups. Then, dips, push ups, push ups w/reactive slingshot, push ups w/slingshot, push ups w/metal catapult, and 25 band pushdowns


Reverse hyper/standing ab wheel

2x30x360/20


Neck work


30 GHRs


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING: CLUSTER BOMB, 47.5lb KBs, 50 burpee chins done in 11:56


Notes: 90 seconds rest between everything. Box checking kind of workout. Hands are still a bit chewed up from all the KB work. Got my front squats and Tang Soo Do later.


Tomorrow is the active recovery day. Plan is ABCs and weighted vest work. Next day is squats, and then it’s the final sprint through Deep Water.


My training is really timing out pretty well as far as life goes. My deload from training is going to fall right on a trip for work, so I can just blow my brains out with some conditioning and pump work. After that, next few months are travel/vacation heavy as we try to get back what COVID took from us, so it’s a great time for a diet break and chasing PRs. Somewhere in the middle of all that is my strongman comp, so it’ll be good to lose some weight and come in where I need for my weight class. Just nice how things come together.


My sleep is the best it’s been in quite a while. Despite these early natural wakeups, I am sleeping deeply through the night, and actually wish I could get a little more sleep in often. Before, I was waking up about every half hour and excited once 0300 rolled around because it meant I could finally just quit and get to work. Just more positive health indicators.

2 comments:

  1. That's good that you're sleeping better, what do you think changed about that? Training harder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting on bodyfat I think was the biggest thing. Sorting out nutrition in general has been big.

      Delete