Monday, April 25, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2399


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 5, Workout 2


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)


Axle clean and push press away

16x181

14x181

14x181

13x181

12x181

11x181

10x181

10x181


Sets of 10 pull aparts between first 5 sets


Immediately after final set, straight into raises and core


DB lateral raise dropset (no rest)

20x20

20x10s

20x5s

20x2.5

20xEmpty hands


Reverse hyper

60x360 (not a typo: first time I felt like puking from lower back work)


Standing ab wheel

1x20


Poundstone curls

100xAxle+5lb plates


CONDITIONING


Tabata circuits of burpee chins, KB swings w/40kg and dips. Doubled up on the burpee chins and did dips until I got to 50. Do chins-swing-chins-dips-chins-swings-chins-dip etc. Got through 24 rounds.


25 band pushdowns


Notes: This was definitely Deep Water. All the ABCs and the cold and other factors came to a head, and clean and push presses was just plain rough. On every set, I had to reclean the axle to get the final 2-3 reps, which was awesome, because it meant getting in even MORE cleans/continentals, but it also just beat the absolute holy hell out of me. I don’t know if you’d call it rest pause, or cluster sets, or “Malcolm X” ala Jim Wendler, but I was thinking of it as “vegetable sets”. As in “you don’t get to leave the table until you eat your vegetables”. I got my goal of 100 in 8 sets, I was broken down to hell when it was done, and I think this was the most “Deep Water” push press workout I’ve ever had. Was taking 3:50 between sets.


Time was compromised, so I shrunk the core work. Doing 60 reps of 360 on the reverse hyper was a unique experience and apparently something I need to do more often, because it made me just about lose chow.


Time was also why I pushed up the weight on the Poundstones. Got the desired effect.


My connective tissue in my elbows is screaming a bit from all the KB cleans, and since that’s what’s on the menu tomorrow, I dropped cluster bomb and just went with a classic combo at tabata intervals. Got the job done.


Got the tabata squats done later.  They took a fair amount of my soul with it.  Cardio is shot at the moment.  Got the lawn mowed as well: good extra activity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment