Wednesday, April 27, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2401

DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 5, Workout 4

AM WORKOUT (0335 wake up via alarm)


Axle bench press
10x256
2x8x256

Close grip axle bench press
10x256
9x256
8x256

(3) Incline Dumbbell press
9x95s
8x95s
7x95s

Immediately after final set of DB bench, a set of dips. Then, a set of dips with immediate set of push ups. Then, dips, push ups, push ups w/reactive slingshot, push ups w/slingshot, push ups w/metal catapult, and 25 band pushdowns


Reverse hyper
60x360 

Standing ab wheel
1x30

POST WORKOUT SHAKE

CONDITIONING

30 rounds of tabata intervals

Odd rounds: Burpee chins
Even rounds: 40kg KB swing


Notes: 90 seconds of rest between stuff, and 5 sets of 10 band pull aparts between first 5 sets of benching stuff.  I'm mostly over my cold.  I discovered yesterday that I need to stop eating those Legendary Food Toaster Pastries.  I had my suspicions about them, and yesterday confirmed, because I had one on the morning and spent the rest of the day feeling awful.  Sapped a bit of my energy for this workout.  My hands are still pretty chewed up from the KB cleans yesterday, which forced the change to conditioning from my usual Cluster Bomb, but honestly this was a REAL solid conditioning workout that I may do in place of meat eater if given the chance.  It's more swing heavy then chin heavy, but it kept my heart rate up.


Still appreciate how this day works in the schedule.


I'm going to move forward with my plan of sliding the deadlift workout.  I forgot that, with house guest coming over, they'll be sleeping directly above the garage, and morning deadlifts are most likely not going to be viable.  Kismet really.  My work trip will time out just about perfect.  I might miss out on the final bench workout of Deep Water, but no love lost there.  Deload week will time perfectly, and from there will begin the summer bodyweight freefall leading into a strongman comp.  Things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment