Thursday, April 28, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2402

AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm) FASTED

5 minutes of ABCs w/24kbg bells
18 rounds completed (40 seconds on/10 seconds off for 6 rounds)

2 mile weighted vest walk

50 burpee chins in 6:30


Notes: My cardio is still broken.  I got in 5 ABCs in the first round, with a goal of going 5 for 1 and 4 for 5 for 25 in 6, but in the 5th round I got through 2 and felt like I was drowning.  In previous attempts, it was the press that was where I'd start experiencing failure, but strength was still holding up just fine.  I rested for the remainder of round 5, hit 1 more rep in round 6 and hung it up at that point: I was completely redlined.

Had the vest ready to go, so I threw it on ASAP and started walking, so I spent the first mile just absolutely drying with my lungs broken, then spent the second mile wondering how likely it would be for someone to steal the vest if I just left it in the street, got my truck and came by later to pick it up.

Came home and had a few minutes left until I needed to start breakfast, so I got the burpee chins knocked out to keep that heart rate up.  


This honestly looks like a Crossfit WOD or something out of Tactical Barbell.  I may codify it into something.  I dig it: it hits everything, different modalities, misery in weird dosages.  Open with 5 minutes of ABCs, go for a 2 mile weighted vest walk, close it out with 50 burpee chins.

No comments:

Post a Comment