Sunday, April 17, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2391


A fantastic Easter.  Got up, kiddo hunted eggs around the house.  I got in 50 burpee chins after that before Easter breakfast, which brought my hips back to life.  Got in my Tabata KB front squats soon after, daily work was accomplished, and I ran "Devil's Trinity" out of Tactical Barbell 2.


1 minute KB swings (24kb)

1 minute burpees

1 minute heavy bag (Body Action Set in my case)


5 rounds of the above


"Normal" is a 1 minute rest after the 3 rounds, but I went with advanced and cut that out, mainly due to time.  It was a nice change of pace.  I DO miss the BAS, but it's always an opportunity cost to hit it.  Today, it felt right.


I'm feeling a little soft these days.  May just be the post 10 mile ennui.  That said, I was re-reading the rules for the comp I'm doing on 25 Jun, and they're going to release the events the WEEK of the comp. That's awesome.  No 8 week training cycle for it: just show up strong and smash it.  I'm game.

No comments:

Post a Comment