Tuesday, August 9, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2503


AM WORKOUT (0322 natural wake up) SEMI-FASTED: 1 serving of Surge workout fuel before training, 1 serving during


BBB BEEFCAKE Week 5, Workout 2


**MAIN WORK**


Axle clean and strict press away (plate change rest)

5xAxle

5x136

5x156

4x176 (continental)


Superset w/


5x10 band pull aparts


**SUPPLEMENTAL WORK**


Axle clean each rep and strict press

50 reps of 136 in 12:55





Transition immediately to assistance work


**ASSISTANCE WORK**


Dips into pushdowns abs into hyper into lunges into GHR


Weighted dip stripset

5x105

4x80

5x55

5x30

31xBW (rest pause as needed)


25 pushdowns

20 standing ab wheels

40x90 reverse hyper

10 KB front rack lunges w/24kg bells

30 GHRs


Poundstone Curls

214xAxle


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


**CONDITIONING**


5 minutes of ABCs w/24kg bells (20 completed)

Transition immediately into “Lost In Translation”


5 rounds in 10:30 of


* 3 Axle clean each rep and push press 136lbs

* 7 burpee chins



Notes: 


* Left elbow still giving me a little trouble on the cleans today.  Slowed me down on the Malcolm X set and turned the topset mainwork into a contintental vs a clean.  Poundstones were pretty miserable as well.  And burpee chins, hah!  But nothing stopped me.


* My knee was feeling fine this morning, but is swollen again as I write this.  Weather has been crazy.  In that regard, we got a slight break from the heat, which made training more tolerable.


* That conditioning was brutal.  My schedule is intense today, so I got the ABCs in post training, which after a bunch of clean and pressing is just a delight.  Went with 2 2.5 minute rounds with a goal for 20 total.  Heading straight into Lost in Translation was the cherry on top, because I was floored.  Somehow those weights got overhead instantly, but I went down for my first burpee and contemplated just never coming back up again.


* I’ll get in some sort of light bodyweight conditioning later in the day for a training effect.  As much as it was good to keep on “reminding” my body with the ABCs at the end of the day, schedule logistics wise, it’s working out better to get the 5 minutes at the end of the workout and something light/restorative later.


PM WORKOUT

Tabata burpee chins w/prisoner squats during the rest periods

Notes: Got the rest of my chins this way, and got blood flowing through my legs.  My left knee is a horror show right now, but I've figured it out: I sit a bunch at work, and it just all pools into the knee when I do that.  Moving it fixes it instantly, so I'm making a consistent effort to keep moving that leg during downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment