Thursday, August 25, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2520


AM WORKOUT (0331 Natural Wake Up) FASTED

**EAT THE BIG ELEPHANT FIRST: 10k SWING CHALLENGE IN 7 DAYS**: Day 4 of 7

65 rounds of 22 swings w/24kg bell

51 seconds per round




**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

TABEARTA w/95lbs, 3 complexes per round


50 pull aparts
25 pushdowns
100 chaos curls
20 standing ab wheels

39 burpee chins in 5 minutes 




Notes:

* 5720/10000 accomplished: over halfway there

* There’s misery hiding inside of that 1 second. Every time I take 1 away, it makes the whole workout 1:05 shorter, and I’m almost at a full 10 minutes faster than when I started this adventure.  The difference in rest time is very appreciable.  I have just about enough time between rounds to turn away from the timer and pretend that it’s not there before I turn back around and start it over.  Went with Green Day’s “Insomniac” album in celebration of these o’dark stupid workouts and me naturally waking up at 0331.

* Based off some feedback, I was trying to get my torso a little more horizontal on the eccentric, but, again, it’s too easy to space out over the course of so many rounds.  

* I appreciated how much faster this workout moved.  No room for boredom: suddenly I’m already halfway done.  It’s a different kind of misery when you’re at round 4 and know you’ve got 61 more to go.

* TABEARTA was kinda funny today.  Mrs slept in, which meant I couldn’t just drop the bar from overhead onto the crash mats like I normally do to save time/energy, so I ended up following it up, and it seemed like I moved FASTER because of that.  Still got beat by the clock on the 8th round, but not nearly as bad as usual.

* Burpee chins weren’t as quick as yesterday, which I imagine was due to the short time between TABEARTA and the chins.  Normally I can throw in a bit more fluff.

* Bicep continues to improve through those chaos curls.  Really doing my best to find the pain spot and grind it out.  Also focusing on bicep contraction vs just moving weight.

* No idea what I’ll do for the next few days to make this continue to be nutty.  Chaos is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment