Thursday, August 11, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2505


Took the day off work, and BOY do I know how to do a day off.  Going to semi-narrate


AM WORKOUT (0645 wake up via alarm, slept in on day off) FASTED


**20 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells**


Notes:


* Knee was fine, but elbow a bit junky upon waking.  Doing these very first thing in the morning always results in a decline in performance, but it also means they're out of the way for the day.  After a few round the elbow opened up again.


Had a fantastic breakfast, dropped the kiddo off for the first day, then the Mrs and I went for a


**5 mile outdoor walk**


Picked kiddo up from halfday, went out to eat and got a keto pizza topped with chicken, pineapple, tomato, mushroom and onion.  Took 70 minutes to get our food, which sucked, but we enjoyed each other's company, and I inhaled it when I got it.


Got a few errands knocked out, got home, and did


**BBB BEEFCAKE, Week 5, Workout 3**


...in 27 minutes





**MAIN WORK**


Axle bench press

1xAxle

5x196

5x226

5x256


**SUPPLEMENTAL WORK**


Axle pause bench press

50 reps of 196


Time: 10:15


**CONDITIONING/ASSISTANCE WORK**


50 burpee chins: Total time since start of supplemental work 16:52

20 standing ab wheels: 18:42

50 band pull aparts and 25 pushdowns: 20:12


I DID end up doing 40 reverse hyper and a weighted dip stripset after all that, and I could still manage my previous best on the weighted dips, which bodes well for the elbows, but I wanted to see how quickly I could do a "full workout", and that was pretty awesome.  If I allow myself 15 seconds of prep time before my first actual bench, I got all the supplemental AND assistance work done in under 20 minutes.


After that 5 mile walk, my knee is actually feeling MUCH like it's old self.  Movement really seems to be the key.  Working was killing it because I was sitting too long.  Focusing on keeping it elevated and mobile is helping.   Elbow is on the mend as well.  I keep finding ways to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment