Saturday, August 13, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2507


Slept until 0615 and got in an amazingly stupid workout fasted


**DAN AND FRAN GO OUT DRINKING**


21 ABCs w/24kg bells
21 burpee chins
15 ABCs
15 BCs
9
9





Definitely keep that one in the back pocket.


Took a physique shot, as I haven't been doing much of that.  I'm filling out.  Waist is blockier, but that's just me.




Today was another awesome day full of getting after it.  I got all my chores done before noon, to include mowing the lawn, getting the groceries from 3 different store and taking the kid to Tang Soo Do (they got a stripe on their belt) and I got this 15 minute workout done





Just 15 solid minutes of loading a 100+lb keg onto my tailgate.  I'll be honest: it wasn't as intense as what I had hoped it to be, but given my squat day is Monday and I hit that killer morning workout, I'll take it.


As soon as I was done, some middle school aged boy wonders into my garage and just staring around in awe.  He tells me he was watching me train while he was riding his bike, and started asking me all sorts of questions.  "Do you do this everyday?  Do you workout a lot?"  Biggest thing was he pointed at my poster of Derek Poundstone loading the Louis Cyr stone





And asked "Is that you?"


Kid: you just made my day!


Given I was standing there shirtless, covered in sweat in my dungeon of a home gym, I was trying real hard not to give off the pedo vibes, but it was honestly just a fun experience.  Something I've read about but never thought would happen.  I wanted to give him 20 years of guidance right there on the spot, but just talked with him about sports.  He plays football, safety and corner, first scrimage coming up.  And it's funny: it happened because I trained with my garage door open.


Finished all that up, did a bunch of meal prepping and cooked my family a fantastic dinner.  Kid and I actually played battleship while things cooked.


Piedmontese grassfed tri tip, air fried





Served it all up




Radishes, zucchini from my garden, mashed cauliflower, romaine salad, sautéed onions, local sweet corn



And because of all this work, I have a free Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome story. Who knows, you might have planted the strength seed in his head and years later when talking about how he got into lifting all he'll recant this encounter about coming across the neighborhood mutant training big in his garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I was more starstruck than he was, haha. Would be cool if it planted the bug.

      Delete
  2. This story from that kids perspective definitely sounds like it would be the origin story some legendary lifter would write about in their biography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be pretty awesome. Was really hoping I didn't come off as a douche, haha.

      Delete