Friday, August 26, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2521


AM WORKOUT (0320 Natural Wake Up) FASTED

**EAT THE BIG ELEPHANT FIRST: 10k SWING CHALLENGE IN 7 DAYS**: Day 5 of 7

65 rounds of 22 swings w/24kg bell

50 seconds per round





**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


TABEARTA w/95lbs, 3 complexes per round

50 pull aparts
25 pushdowns
50 chaos curls w/10lb plates
20 standing ab wheels
30 GHRs

43 burpee chins in 5 minutes



Notes:

* 7150/10000 swings accomplished, and more than 10 minutes shaved off from the initial time.  These workouts are moving VERY fast now.  It shakes out to 35 seconds of work/15 seconds of rest.  Some real interval effort.  I’m focusing more on getting that torso a little more bent forward on the return and still popping up.  I’m learning a lot through this process.  Also, my abs are back to anatomy chart lean in the morning.  I feel like I’ve found a great “detox protocol” between the swings, TABEARTA and the chins.  A 1 week kickstart.  I wonder if pairing it with the 1 week Atkins intro that Dan John talks about would bode well for someone looking to hit the ground running.

* Got the 8th round of TABEARTA done within the round time.  I actually had around 3 seconds of rest within most rounds.  I’m getting good at this…which is a sign it will be time to move on soon.

* Left bicep/forearm is getting better.  Ability to contract has improved, and tone seems to be returning to that arm.

* I was DRENCHED in sweat when this was over.  Like I had jumped into a pool.  

* I have Tang Soo Do sparring tonight, and maybe some more bodyweight to go.  Weekend is coming up, so chaos will be the plan.  Thinking  I may chunk the workouts into halves and try to blast out 715 swings as fast as possible.

* I am in SUCH a good place mentally right now.  I finished this workout thinking to myself “I am terrifying”.  I am Jason Vorhees.  I am an unstoppable.  But, with duality, some humor too.  I thought to myself “I am the worst version of the Pinocchio story.  The farm machinery was given sentience, and all it did with it was keep swinging that kettlebell”.  Also the first thing I thought upon waking up this morning “Let’s go swing that goddamn bell”.  I’m honestly digging knowing EXACTLY what I am doing.  High speed/low drag.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see how your deadlifts feel after this. You're gonna have a monstrous hip hinge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be curious for sure. Question of if I can get my body to hold up well enough to pull heavy.

      Delete