Friday, September 16, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2222

Keg carry/prowler drag medley

100lb keg x 50'
100lb keg x 50'
Run back 50'
182lb keg x 50'
Run back 50' to prowler loaded w/100lb keg
Prowler drag x 50'

4 rounds of the above


Notes: Biggest challenge was not throwing up.  An hour prior to this I had my cheat meal at the Golden Corral.  Lots of steak, prime rib, some fried shrimp/chicken, salad, and a bite of a fudge brownie.  I suppose training under adversity in any capacity is a good thing.


My speed off the starting block is actually pretty decent.  I was getting a good hang of letting the keg carry me through the start.  I need to remember to get the handles set correctly at the start to shave off time.  The final keg is more of a walk, but at this point I'm just trying to build the conditioning and let the strength and ability come with it.  I think next time I'll go 1 with the 100 and 2 with the 182, and just get more creative from there.



Got to test out my Ironmind tow strap, and it's just plain awesome.  It's like a set of chains that only weighs 8oz.  Definitely makes the prowler easier.



Woke up at 189.8 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment