Tuesday, September 20, 2016


Training Log: Entry 2226




AM WORKOUT


SSB Squats
5xBar+chains
5x115+chains
5x155+chains
3x205+chains
1x245+chains
1x295+chains
1x335+chains
4x405+chains
9x335+chains




Notes: 3 sets of chains.  Much better performance compared to last week.  Was feeling far more solid, less achy, more able.  Still pain in the right kneecap; curious if that's ever gonna go away at this point. Had to tap out at the 9th rep on 335 because some vomit was coming up to the surface and didn't want to spend time cleaning up the gym.




GIANT SETS




Reverse hyper 270
4x10




Standing ab wheel
4x8




Axle continental
3x123
3x156
3x173
0x206
0x206
1x206




Notes: Decided to try the false grip on the continentals, and it worked amazingly well.  Specifically the transition from the stomach to the chest was much smoother. I was able to get away with a full grip just due to solid grip strength and long/thin fingers, but I'm seeing now that it was still hindering me.  Glad to be finally figuring this stuff out. The 206 was ugly when I finally got it to my chest, but at least I can get over 200lbs up.  I think I'll be good as long as I keep drilling the movement. I also have to keep in mind that I'm performing the move under fatigue.  With it being first thing in the show with me being fresh, I think things will really move well.




General notes: Woke up at 191.2 this morning.  Nutrition is back on track after moving.  Got my fridge stocked and bought a minifridge for work to allow me to keep better snacks.  I was eating way too many quest bars, now I'm back to more whole foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment